Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that you have read and you agree that the following terms and conditions governing the MTN Shortz ( the “challenge”). If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, do not participate in the challenge.
- MTN SHORTZ – is a video platform that hosts short video content like comedy, animation, podcast, games and films for monetization
- MTN SHORTZ Challenge – Refers to the contest to submit short video contents that are of local relevance to the Ghanaian market to the Shortz portal and win cash prizes.
- Project – (short film, podcast, games, or Animated Video) submitted in the MTN Shortz contest.
- Platform – is a developed design page that hosts different short videos
- Content Distribution – Content Distribution is the act of promoting content to online audiences in multiple media formats through various channels. These channels can be categorized into three groups: Owned, Earned and Paid.
- Content Creator – person(s) responsible for the contribution of information to any media and most especially to digital media
- Workshop – a meeting at which a group of people engage in intensive discussion and activity on a subject or project
- Animated Video – A movie made by using a series of drawings, computer graphics, that are slightly different from one another which when viewed quickly one after the other creates the appearance of movement.
- Short Film – is any motion picture that has a running time of 5-10 minutes or less.
- Funny Video – the recording, production, or broadcasting of moving visual images that causes laughter or amusement; humorous
- Podcast – a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloads to a computer or mobile device
- App – Refers to any mobile application (or mobile app). Mobile app is a software application designed to run on smartphones, tablet computers and other mobile devices.
Conditions for Participation
- Participants can enter the competition with one or more content in the following category:
-Short films (5 to 10 minutes)
- Participants can enter as individuals or as teams with a maximum of three people in a team.
- The contest is open to all content owners & creators and content aggregators in Ghana.
- Existing content aggregators on the MTN Shortz platform are eligible and can enter the competition.
- The contest Launches on Wednesday, August 8 2018 at 15:00:00 PM.
- The contest is open to all content creators and aggregators in Ghana irrespective of age and gender.
- Interested participants shall register for the competition via mtn.com.gh/shortz or any portal to be published in the news media.
- Participants shall be contacted via phone from MTN number 0244300000 and MTN email Shortz.GH@mtn.com to confirm their participation and demographic details.
- Participants are required to submit their entries via the same portal used for registration.
- Participants are required to submit their Content including (Full name of Team members, contact number, E-mail address, Participating Category)
- Any submitted content that does not fall within the category above will be disqualified.
- Submission of video content ends Friday August 31, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- Each individual or team is allowed to submit one or multiple video contents.
- A panel of judges shall be appointed by MTN to review the submitted content and award marks based on their expertise and local relevance to the Ghanaian market and the ability to generate revenue.
- All participants are required to agree to the Terms and Conditions of the MTN SHORTZ Contest before participating in the contest.
- Each participant upon registering for the MTN SHORTZ Challenge on the portal is required to click “accept’ to accept the Terms and Conditions outlined herein. Each member of a team shall register to participate.
- No participant shall participate in the MTN SHORTZ Contest without accepting the Terms and Conditions.
- MTN reserves the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event that all or part of a prize becomes unavailable.
- Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from MTN, express or implied, without limitation.
- Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within fifteen (15) days of attempted first notification shall forfeit his/her prize/award. An alternate winner shall be selected.
- Cash prizes shall be paid with MTN Mobile Money upon issuance of invoice to Scancom PLC.
Taxes associated with the cash prizes and all other prizes shall be borne by MTN.
Intellectual Property Rights
- MTN shall have the right to use, copy, modify and make available to the public the submitted content in connection with the conduct, administration, and advertising and promotion of the MTN SHORTZ Contest via communication to the public, and in all types of marketing, beta-testing and demonstration activities. This also includes, but is not limited to the right to make the submitted content available for sale in the MTN SHORTZ portal as a free app or at a price to be determined by MTN after signing an agreement with the developer and to make screenshots, animations and video clips available to the public for promotional and publicity purposes.
- Content that shall win prizes in this competition shall not be made available or sold to competitors of MTN in the telecom industry.
- The intellectual and property rights to the content, if any, shall remain with the participant except that these terms do not supersede any other assignment or grant of rights in accordance with any other separate agreement(s) between participants and any other parties.
- The Content Creator hereby indemnifies MTN against all legal and social issues that may emanate from the content provided or of any parties directly or indirectly involved in the production and copyright of its content.
- Each participant acknowledges and agrees that in connection with the MTN SHORTZ contest, personal data, including name, age, gender, profession, address, educational institutions attended and contact information may be collected from him/her.
- Each participant hereby acknowledges and give consent to MTN to process, store, and display their personal data to the public and otherwise use it for the purposes within the context of the MTN SHORTZ. Participants have the right to access and rectify any personal data by sending an email to Shortz.Gh@mtn.com before 31st August 2018.
Warranty and Indemnity
- Each participant warrants that the content submitted is an original work and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder thereof, and have the right to submit the content in the MTN Shortz challenge.
- Each participant agrees and undertakes not to submit any content that infringes on any third party proprietary, intellectual property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, each participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified MTN, its parent company, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein.
No Liability for Errors
- MTN shall not be responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission.
- MTN shall not be responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind.
- MTN shall not be responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by MTN on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof.
- MTN shall not be responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the MTN Shortz or in the announcement of the prize.
To the extent permitted by law, the rules, terms and conditions for the MTN Shortz Contest are governed by the laws of Ghana.
This MTN Shortz Challenge is organized by Scancom PLC, MTN House, Independence Avenue, Ridge, Accra, Ghana.
For queries, questions and further information regarding the MTN Shortz Contest, you may send an email to Shortz.GH@mtn.com.
Please tick to agree to above Terms and Conditions to continue registration –